Golder Associates Office Manager in Accra, Ghana
The Office Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the business, including HSSE, local compliance to legislation, staff engagement and recruitment, new business development, linkages and development of the West Africa plan, financial management of local projects, support the Divisional strategies through collaboration and alignment with the Divisional Leaders. He / she will supervise the operation providing world-class service to clients.
• Building a strong network with Divisional Leaders and Golder senior professional that will support building the business.
• Responsible for understanding the local market, and for leading marketing and specific client business development efforts. Able to represent the firm’s capabilities to prospective new clients and markets.
• Appropriate assessment of business risks and opportunities.
• Representing the company externally with clients and the local industry.
• Facilitate the definition of clear goals, assigning individual / team responsibilities, evaluating performance and suggesting specific actions to improve.
• Promotion of Golder’s Values and Code of Conduct
• Visible felt leadership to HSSE.
• Promoting and disseminating a client-oriented culture amongst employees.
• Capacity to solve conflicts both internal and with clients.
• Ensures that the firm follows the laws and reporting according to local and corporate company requirements.
• Serves as role model for all staff, is responsible for motivating the staff and strengthening the firm’s values and culture.
• Responsible for the professional development of his / her team.
• Assigns functions and responsibilities to achieve the best team performance in collaboration with Divisional Leaders.
• Maintains and strengthens the image and position of the firm within the local community.
Qualification and Experience:
• Minimum of 10 - 15 years consulting and 5 years in a management position
• An Engineering degree with local professional registration, or master’s degree in science
• Have a good understanding of how Golder’s business works with respect to financial management, strategic growth and technical consulting services.
• MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Projects
• Known for managing and leading successful business units and / or is regarded as an expert in their corporate service function.
• Makes complex business decisions which may involve significant corporate risk or consequence, is frequently consulted by others.
• Major focus is strategic management of the overall business unit or corporate service function, responsible for developing strategy and ensuring implementation for their business unit or corporate service function.
• Responsible for or consulted on the development of national strategy, policies and programs.
• Communication focus is on facilitating discussions with senior stakeholders, sharing vision and strategy messages with broad stakeholders in the organisation.
• Ensures accountability within their business unit or corporate service function.
• Responsible for leading, coaching and mentoring a high performing senior team.
• Displays leadership by modelling the way, energising others toward a compelling vision, looks outside the organisation to understand the context around us.
• Client focus is on anticipating broader strategic needs of the organisation, developing and ensuring delivery of strategic solutions.
• Standards / Processes / Procedures.
• Leadership: prepared to have the difficult conversations, confronts reality, actively builds trust and acts decisively when needed.
• Affecting change: successful at managing change, effectively applies change management strategies.
• Strategist: a strong strategic sense and ability to see the big picture today and in the future.
• Performance coaching: successful at coaching people to higher performance, has developed a range of coaching skills and strategies to draw out the best in people, continually improving their coaching skills.
• Strong communicator: has expertise in a wide range of communication media, builds trust and influence through their communication.
• Ownership attitude: willing to jump in to very high-level issues, national or global, knows when to get involved for the best interests of the company.
• Stabilising force: unflappable; focuses on issue resolution, not position, can motivate or calm the troops as needed.
• Resilient: able to keep things in perspective in the face of adversity, determined, sees things through.
• Wisdom: has a good understanding on where Golder stands on broad cultural issues.
• Own Vehicle
Valid Driver’s Licence
*Title: *Office Manager**
*Requisition ID: *19000350**