Golder Associates Environmental Consultant / Air Quality Specialist in BOURNE END, United Kingdom
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Salary: Competitive Salary Offered
Location: Nottingham, Tadcaster or Bourne End
Posting Date: Tuesday 19th November 2019
Closing Date: Friday 20th December 2019
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Consultant / Air Quality Specialist to join our Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) team which is aligned to the Environmental management business unit on a full-time basis based in Nottingham, Leeds or Bourne End
The successful candidate will work closely with the Air Quality team and the wider ESIA team to deliver quality assured air quality analysis, modelling and reporting. Deliverables will contribute to air quality projects and to EIAs and ESIAs.
You will take a senior role ensuring that project deliverables meet Client and Regulator requirements (both UK and International), and work with other Senior Consultants to undertake business development including securing repeat business. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in these technical areas together with exposure to business development activities to contribute to the growth of the team.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
· Conduct air quality impact assessments and prepare chapters of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments to both local and IFC (International Finance Corporation) requirements;
· Conduct air quality impact assessments and prepare air quality chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments for new UK developments;
· Undertake air quality and odour assessments including data analysis, air dispersion modelling, and factual/interpretative reporting;
· Assist with the preparation of proposals and providing input as and when required;
· Liaise professionally with Golder’s clients and relevant Regulatory bodies to deliver successful outcomes to projects;
· Develop and maintain good relationships with both new and existing clients and be able represent Golder Associates;
· Display a ‘safety first’ attitude in line with an interdependent health and safety culture, promoting a positive health and safety attitude, raising safety issues through the appropriate channels and adhering to Golder’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures;
· Act in the spirit of Golder’s values. Adhere to the Code of Conduct at all times and raise concerns as appropriate. Achieving and maintaining a chargeability target of 65%; and
· Travel to project sites across the UK and internationally to support global projects
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
· Relevant air quality consultancy experience (greater than 5 years);
· Relevant BSc in environmental sciences, geography, geology, physics or chemistry;
· Demonstrable experience of undertaking air quality impact assessments for Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment;
· Demonstrable experience of Air Quality modelling software including Aermod, ADMS and ADMS-Roads;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at different levels within an organization;
· Proven ability in data analysis and interpretation;
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel, and ArcGIS;
· Excellent time-management, time-keeping and organisational capabilities, and ability to work to tight deadlines; and
· Full UK driving licence and confidence to travel long-distances or on unknown roads.
· Chartered status with a relevant professional body (e.g. IES, IEMA);
· Experience of the UK environmental permitting regime, including Air Quality impact Assessment and undertaking BAT assessments;
· Experience of greenhouse gas calculation and climate change resilience assessments;
· Experience of undertaking Air Quality monitoring;
· Experience of undertaking noise monitoring and assessment and
· Experience of undertaking business development
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Title: Environmental Consultant / Air Quality Specialist
Other Locations: GB-GB-NOTTINGHAM, GB-GB-BOURNE END
Requisition ID: 19000406