Golder Associates Logistics Service Technician in BURNABY, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Logistics and Equipment Services Technician to join our team on a full-time basis based in South Burnaby . Your role as an entry-level technician consists of maintaining, tracking, and distributing technical equipment. You will also carry out accurate and efficient billing of equipment and will receive direction from senior team members.
An overview of your role will include:
· Mobilization and demobilization of field equipment for local and out of town field programs
· Maintaining, calibrating, and repairing equipment
· Shipping and receiving domestic and international shipments
· Maintaining and tracking equipment in the appropriate database (records management)
· Samples inventory management; data entry and disposal
· Communicating effectively with internal clients who include field staff, project managers, and external suppliers
· Adhering to Occupational Health and Safety Protocols
· Facility and yard upkeep
· Scheduled overtime and travel may be required
You will have a background in:
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proficient time management and prioritization skills
· Technical and mechanical proficiency
· Aptitude for learning new detailed oriented skills (i.e. calibration of scientific equipment)
· Pleasant, respectful, and discrete manner; positive attitude and takes initiative
· Ability to learn processes quickly and be flexible in changing circumstances
· Excellent customer service skills to support both internal and external clients
· Verbal and written communication skills which meet client needs
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
· Strong team player
· Demonstrates problem solving skills and ability to prioritize workload
· Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve given goals and tasks
· Require own vehicle and a valid class 5 BC driver’s license
This is an entry-level role, but the following experience is considered an asset:
· 2 years of experience in a logistics or coordination role
· Shipping and receiving experience (domestic & international) including TDG experience
· First Aid training
· Forklift experience and ticket
· Knowledge of process improvement techniques
· Diploma and/or relevant Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Logistics Service Technician
Requisition ID: 19000767