Golder Associates Civil Engineer (Water Engineering & Design) in CALGARY, Alberta
The Water Engineering and Design Group provides a variety of geotechnical, civil, mining and water resources engineering services to many high profile projects in the prairie provinces and throughout the world. Due to increasing workloads, we currently have an immediate and long-term opening for an Intermediate Civil Engineer based in our Calgary office.
The successful candidate/s will provide team lead, mentoring, planning, design and construction expertise for water resource, civil engineering and large earthworks and environmental projects. As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply your hydro technical and civil engineering capabilities to a variety of projects. You will work with Golder’s clients and your other client contacts to bring in new work for the Golder civil design group.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
· Project planning, design and construction
· Working with Golder’s clients to provide detailed design and construction support of large surface water diversion and water management projects
· Perform hydraulic and civil analysis, design and assessment of surface water diversions, hydraulic structures, water intakes, pump stations, pipelines, surface water outlets to rivers, water control structures and mine infrastructure
· Prepare tender packages, including drawings, specifications and construction cost estimates
· Providing engineering support during construction
· Managing multiple project deadlines, budgets and scope changes
· Writing proposals and technical reports
· Lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborate and work efficiently with engineers, scientists and managers at all levels, and communicate effectively with clients
· Offering innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives
· Developing and sustaining positive business relationships
· Providing technical direction and mentoring to junior staff
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
· Degree in Civil Engineering (with experience or a focus on Water Resources, Dams, Hydraulic Structures, Erosion Protection, Construction Administration and Site Inspections)
· Must be an engineer registered in with a P.Eng. or eligible for immediate registration as a Professional Engineer in Alberta
· Have a proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships
· 7 years minimum experience in surface water management projects
· Good communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing and people skills
· Exhibit a high degree of motivation, strategic planning, self-starting capability and able to work autonomously
· Must be a team player and have the ability to motivate and lead by example
· Experience with design, construction and technical reporting and documentation
· Ability to write proposals and technical reports
· Committed to technical excellence
· Ability to manage and develop business relationships
At Golder Associates we strive to be the most respected global company specializing in ground engineering and environmental services through technical excellence, innovative solutions and award winning client service. Today, our clients span the world's major economic drivers: Oil and Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, Power, Transportation and more. Employee owned since being founded in 1960, our 7,000 people, operating from 160 offices worldwide, deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
Awarded Canada’s 50 Best Employers & Canada’s 50 Best Managed Private Companies .
Competition will close when a suitable candidate is found. Thank you for your interest in Golder Associates Ltd.
Title: Civil Engineer (Water Engineering & Design)
Requisition ID: 17000371