Golder Associates Civil Engineer in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Civil Engineer (with Water Resources Engineering experience) to join our Water team on a full-time basis based in Calgary . The water group provides a variety of engineering and environmental water services to many high profile projects in the Prairie Provinces and throughout the world.
An overview of your role will include:
· Participate in a variety of engineering projects from the proposal stage, planning, and design (conceptual, preliminary, and detailed) to construction
· Perform hydraulic and civil analysis, design, and assessment of water resources infrastructure such as surface water diversions, hydraulic structures, water intakes, pump stations, pipelines, surface water outlets to rivers, water control structures, and mine water infrastructure
· Preparation of tender packages, including drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
· Provide engineering support during construction
· Collaborate and work effectively with engineers, scientists, and managers at all levels, and communicate effectively with clients
· Ability to develop innovative solutions
· Manage multiple project deadlines, budgets, and scope changes
· Write technical reports and proposals
· Develop and sustain positive business relationships
· Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff
You will have a background in:
· Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (with experience or a focus on water resources, dams, hydraulic structures, river engineering or water management)
· Must be a registered Professional Engineer in Alberta or eligible for immediate registration as a Professional Engineer in Alberta
· 7 years minimum experience in water resources engineering
· Experience with detailed design, tendering, and construction administration
· Good communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing, and people skills
· Exhibit a strong work ethic and a high degree of motivation
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Team player with the ability to motivate and lead by example
· Experience with writing proposals and technical reports
· Committed to technical excellence
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Civil Engineer**
*Requisition ID: *18001818**