Golder Associates Geotechnical Engineer in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical Engineering & Laboratory team on a full-time basis based in Calgary.
An overview of your role will include:
· Plan a wide variety of geotechnical projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation, design and construction, geotechnical analysis, and dam safety inspection and reviews
· Organize geotechnical investigations and laboratory testing
· Scope, direct, and review geotechnical analyses with a focus on soil mechanics including stability, seepage, thermal modelling, deposition modelling, and run out analysis for mine waste or other embankment dams and waste rock spoils
· Manage small projects according to client approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget under the supervision of senior engineers
· Support technical proposals and design work packages in response to client needs, under the supervision of senior engineers
· Delegate work to junior engineers
· Participate in and promote a safety-first culture
You will have a background in:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geological Engineering; Master’s Degree is preferred
· 5-7 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment
· Currently registered as a Professional Engineer
· Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence
· Be able to work in diverse teams
· Project management skills
· Sound knowledge in soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering
· Ability to think critically and problem solve
· Ability to effectively delegate work and lead small project teams
· Commitment to safe work practices for yourself and your colleagues
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Requisition ID: 19000887