Golder Associates Intermediate Occupational Hygiene Technologist in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Occupational Hygiene Technologist to join our Environmental Remediation team on a full-time basis based in Calgary . This position is approximately 70% field work, and 30% office-based. Travel outside of Calgary (up to three weeks at a time) will be required.
An overview of your role will include:
· Providing basic project coordination services, which will include:
o Initiating client contact for site access, health and safety orientations, etc.
o Preparing proposals with assistance from a Project Manager/Project Director
o Generating reports and correspondence
· Providing occupational hygiene and safety services and expertise, which will include:
o Conducting occupational hygiene and safety site assessments
o Conducting occupational hygiene monitoring for chemical, biological and physical hazards
o Conducting indoor air quality monitoring and assessments
· Providing hazardous materials management expertise, including:
o Conducting building assessments for hazardous materials, including asbestos, lead, and mould
o Preparing, developing and tendering remediation specifications for hazardous material removal, including asbestos, lead, and mould
o Providing on-site inspection services for hazardous materials abatement and remediation projects, including contractor oversight, air sampling, and reporting
· Actively participating in and encouraging adherence to our Health and Safety program and industry best practice
· Conducting training programs
· Participating in the development and mentoring of junior technical staff
· All other duties as required
You will have a background in:
· Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Sciences (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent
· A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an Occupational Hygiene Technologist or Hazardous Building Materials Professional with preference given to those applicants who have experience in the consulting field
· Certification or actively working towards the following designations: Certified Industrial or Occupational Hygienist (CIH or ROH), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), or Registered Occupational Hygiene Technologist (ROHT)
· In depth knowledge of occupational health and safety
· Working knowledge of occupational hygiene practices including maintenance and calibration of field equipment
· Knowledge of building sciences and building systems (mechanical, structural, architectural) a definite asset
· Technical writing
· Experience in providing services and/or training in confined spaces and/or hazardous materials management considered an asset
· Proven ability to participate as part of a team of skilled professionals
· Demonstrated commitment to execute and deliver the highest quality service
· The ability to work weekends and evenings as required to meet project commitments
· Ability to balance/prioritize workload with several on-going field programs, and meet report deadlines
· The ability to travel and work on a rotational basis outside of the local office depending on project requirements
· Experience working in the consulting and/or construction business in a project management and client development role
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Intermediate Occupational Hygiene Technologist**
*Requisition ID: *19000870**