Golder Associates Junior Geotechnical Engineer in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Junior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical Engineering & Laboratory team on a contractual basis in Calgary, Edmonton, or Saskatoon.
An overview of your role will include:
· Provide technical support in geotechnical projects including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation, design and construction, geotechnical analysis, and dam safety inspections
· Complete geotechnical analyses including stability and seepage under the direction and supervision of intermediate and senior engineers
· Complete geotechnical investigations including test pitting, drilling, and cone penetrations tests
· Complete soil laboratory testing
· Complete daily inspections and contribute to sections of technical reporting under the direction and supervision of intermediate and senior engineers
You will have a background in:
· 0-2 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geological Engineering
· Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer
· Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence
· Be able to work in diverse teams
· Be diligent and hard working to deliver high quality results
· Can prioritize time and demands
· Eager to learn, be challenged, and grow your career
· Commitment to safe work practices for yourself and your colleagues
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder (https://vimeo.com/252065645) video.
Title: Junior Geotechnical Engineer
Requisition ID: 21000014