Golder Associates Pipeline Engineer in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Pipeline Engineer to join our Mining team on a full-time basis based in Calgary. We are seeking a candidate specifically with a background related to pipeline transportation design or operation to participate in the design and construction of mining and pipeline projects in Alberta and beyond.
Project work requires skills and training pertinent to process engineering design, pipeline design, inside plant process and pipe design, layout management facility design and permitting, construction quality assurance/management, and surface water design and management. Travel within North America will be necessary as dictated by project demands.
An overview of your role will include:
· Performing pipeline engineering calculations and analyses using hand and computer-based tools under senior direction
· Performing field investigations for civil, pipeline, and process design projects under specific work instructions, including scheduling field work for specific scopes of work provided by senior colleagues, executing field assignments, and understanding health and safety issues associated with the work
· Technical management of both consulting and engineering design projects for clients
· Assisting with the preparation of technical reports, including writing sections of reports, preparing figures and tables, and working with drafting and reproduction staff to produce final reports
· Performing other engineering activities as directed
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Civil Engineering with previous, demonstrated experience with process plant and pipeline design
· 8 years of relevant work experience both in industry and an engineering consulting company considered to be an asset
· Ability to work independently from a physical team of people
· Previous field based experience on pipeline or large scale industrial projects
· Demonstrated ability to solve engineering problems with innovation and creative thinking
· Excellent organization and time management abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
· High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
· High degree of emotional intelligence and demonstrated empathy based decisions in past school, volunteer or work experiences
· Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
· Spanish and French language capability is considered an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Pipeline Engineer**
*Requisition ID: *18001245**