Golder Associates Project Manager - Internal Technical Projects in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Business Information System (BIS) team on a full-time basis based in Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver.
Your role could include involvement throughout all stages of a project’s life cycle (i.e. Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and Closure) for internal projects.
The position will be varied but with significant focus on utilizing Golder’s internal technical resources. The majority of work will be liaising with internal Business Users to define and initiate projects and then collaborate with both internal and external resources to execute the project. You will manage projects in areas including, but not limited to, office moves, end-user support, supporting new business initiatives and other technical projects. You will support our internal BIS leadership team as well as liaise with all external third party suppliers to deliver on projects located throughout the world.
An overview of your role will include:
· Delivering projects with internal and external stakeholders where you are the Project Manager responsible for the scope, schedule, and budget
· Working with projects teams that are local, national, and international and thus do some work outside of North American business hours and some travel will be required
· Lead project teams composed mostly of internal stakeholders, with some external stakeholders, to execute projects to ensure that deliverables satisfy the business’ multiple needs
· Assemble, manage, and use a project monitoring system to monitor and track project progress with respect to schedule and budget
· Utilize and follow various Golder project management policies and protocols as well as available financial tools and systems
· Develop and implement project support plans (project health and safety, project quality, project risk management, project communication, project documentation, etc.)
· Liaise regularly and frequently with the BIS Leadership team and other project teams to offer support and guidance
· Motivate and influence toward the completion of projects on time and on budget
· Manage change related scope, budget, schedule, and actively communicate with the internal project team and clients by working with the internal communications staff
· Provide leadership and guidance to junior project staff
You will have a background in:
· Minimum of 8 years working as a project manager where you leveraged internal project teams of greater than 5 people in complex IT environments
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business or related discipline
· Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent accreditation in project management (e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, Six Sigma)
· Strong knowledge of Project Management Systems
· Strong understanding of the importance of health and safety in projects
· Demonstrated experience delivering projects with remote teams made up of internal and external stakeholders
· Superior project planning skills, detail conscious, and result oriented
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· High level or professionalism, integrity, and ethics
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Project Manager - Internal Technical Projects**
*Requisition ID: *18001065**