Golder Associates Senior Human Resources Advisor in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Advisor to join our team on a full-time basis based in Calgary.
The Senior Human Resources Advisor will provide support to Group Leaders, supervisors and employees within an assigned client group, ensuring compliance with an understanding of internal policies and external legislation while fostering positive employee engagement. Working in partnership with business leaders, Regional Human Resource teams and Centres of Excellence, the Senior Human Resources Advisor is accountable for ensuring alignment of the business and Human Resources strategies with a focus on change management, total rewards, performance management and workforce planning.
An overview of your role will include:
· Building partnerships with Group Leaders within the assigned business units to understand operational goals and needs
· Providing guidance and operational support to align Human Resources services to support the attainment of business goals
· Serving as a primary contact for leaders and employees within assigned business units on matters such as new employee integration, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, compensation, departures, and other operational human resources matters
· Escalate complex matters to Senior HR Operation Lead or applicable Centre of Excellence colleague as necessary
· Supporting the effective implementation and application of National/Global Human Resources policies, programs, and processes within the assigned business units
· Proactively identifies potential challenges/problems and provides innovative solutions
· Contributing to National Human Resources initiatives, policies, and programs by participating on various project teams
· Developing Human Resources policies, and providing feedback and input on Human Resources policies, programs, and processes
· Performing other duties as required
You will have a background in:
· University Degree in Business focusing on Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related specialty
· 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Generalist position
· CPHR designation or working towards is preferred
· Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships throughout an organization, combined with a strong customer service orientation
· Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact
· Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in dynamic environments
· Solid knowledge of Alberta / Saskatchewan / Northwest Territories labour and human rights regulations is required; general knowledge of Canadian regulations is also a definite asset
· Proficient in core office programs (e.g. Microsoft Office products) and capable of learning key HRIS / role specific applications
· Solid problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to maintain effectiveness and a positive attitude even in stressful or adverse situations
· Proficiency in written and conversational French is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Senior Human Resources Advisor**
*Requisition ID: *18002219**