Golder Associates Senior Rock Mechanics Engineer - Underground in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Rock Mechanics Engineer - Underground to join our Mining team on a full-time basis based in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, or Calgary.
The Global Mining Business within Golder provides integrated engineering and environmental services to the mining industry, with an enviable list of clients that include mining companies, consultants, engineering firms, and financial institutions. Golder Mining is coordinated on a global level through a network of mining specialists located in North and Latin America, Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia, providing a series of unique service packages that cover mine water, mine waste, mine environment, mine infrastructure and mine engineering and geology. A global presence allows for reliable and innovative services on a worldwide scale.
An overview of your role will include:
· Business development, networking, and building long term relationships with clients
· Design, implement, and oversee engineering studies in underground mining related projects
· Conduct due diligence reviews and independent report work
· Provide consultation on underground mining projects for North American and international clients
· Provide advice to mining operations
· Offer innovative and specialized solutions to internal and external clients
· Be available for travel to mine sites as required
· Mentoring and coaching of technical staff
· Keep up-to-date with new research and developments within the industry
· Work collaboratively with other senior members of the Global Mining team to implement the business growth strategy, develop, and maintain relationships with a broad client base
· In conjunction with the Divisional Leader and support from the Marketing team, identify, coordinate, and undertake marketing and promotional activities for the specialist area region
· Establish linkages with other business units to support and enhance service delivery
· Display safety leadership
You will have a background in:
· An undergraduate or post-graduate degree in mining, geotechnical or geological engineering especially in underground and tunneling in both metals and non-metals
· A minimum of 15 years of work experience with an emphasis on underground rock mechanics studies that includes numerical modeling, slope stability and ground support design, sill/rib pillar design, and slope sequencing
· Knowledge of block caving, seismicity, blasting, backfilling, and/or ventilation would be considered an asset
· Experience leading large complex projects for mining operations that included data collection, data processing, numerical modeling, design, and monitoring
· Experience as a consulting engineer or technical services role
· Author of technical papers and/or presenter at technical conferences
· Proven ability to establish and maintain solid client relationships
· Highly effective leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of and ability to use numerical modeling software including Rocscience (Dips, SLIDE, RS2, Examine 3D), Map3D, and Itasca (FLAC2D/3D, UDEC)
· Registration or eligibility for registration as Professional Engineer
· Experience mentoring junior and intermediate level employees
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Senior Rock Mechanics Engineer - Underground**
*Requisition ID: *18001760**