Golder Associates Wildlife Biologist in CALGARY, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Wildlife Biologist to join our Biophysical Team on a full-time and seasonal basis based in Calgary .
Your role will include:
· Collect data to answer diverse ecological questions by developing study designs and implementing field programs.
· Generate specialized technical reports to meet the unique needs of clients. Examples include quantitative wildlife corridor evaluations, population viability analyses, and wildlife habitat studies.
· Prepare environmental assessments and develop strategies to mitigate impacts to wildlife.
· Write biodiversity management plans, cumulative effects assessments and management plans, biodiversity offset plans, and develop wildlife effects monitoring programs.
· Work with a large team of other experts to provide practical solutions to some of the most complex conservation problems faced by industry and governments.
· Collaborate with industry, government, non-government organizations, and First Nations to achieve satisfactory environmental outcomes for development projects.
To excel at this role, you will have the following attributes, skills, and background:
· A passion for the outdoors and for wildlife
· A degree in ecology or a related field
· Demonstrated ability to compile and analyze ecological data; peer reviewed publications are an asset
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with environmental assessment, effects monitoring programs and/or special research studies in applied ecology
· Desire to provide high-quality, innovative, and practicable conservation solutions
· Ability to work independently but also thrive in an atmosphere that requires cooperation and teamwork to provide quality, solution-oriented consulting services
· Demonstrated field skills and ability to manage complex programs involving substantial ecological data
· A valid driver’s licence
· Willingness to travel and work outdoors in remote locations for extended periods of time
· Professional biologist designation is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Wildlife Biologist**
*Requisition ID: *18001075**