Golder Associates Senior Civil Engineer in DONCASTER, United Kingdom
The purpose of the Senior Civil / Structural Engineer will be to oversee and manage the delivery of the engineering design of structural underground and surface works projects including shafts and tunnels. The post-holder will be part of the Underground Infrastructure group and will focus on technical project delivery and offering mentorship to members of the team. The post-holder will be required to confidently and pro-actively collaborate with other engineers within the group, and other specialist groups and client organisations throughout the world, whilst delivering both pragmatic and innovative engineering design solutions for permanent and temporary works.
· Work proactively as part of a diverse team of engineers and modellers from conceptual design through to detailed engineering;
· Provide specialised technical input focused on structural design and related civil engineering work for projects worldwide;
· Assist project managers in the successful delivery of projects by managing own and team’s involvement in projects, including time, budget and quality control;
· Prepare and review technical reports, drawings, specifications, and design programmes;
· Develop and maintain good relationships with new and existing clients and be able to effectively represent Golder Associates externally and on site;
· Provide mentoring and coaching to other team members;
· Lead and assist others in carrying out business development activities including preparation of technical proposals;
· Occasional project based travel and site work, working away both in the UK and internationally. The frequency and duration of this will depend on business and client need.
· Minimum of a Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering,
· Chartered Engineer registered with ECUK
· In depth understanding of structural behaviour and principles.
· Skilled in the use of Structural software including finite element modelling packages.
· Extensive experience of structural engineering analysis and design of engineering solutions using steel, concrete and timber;
· Proven capabilities in planning and supervising structural design and in writing technical reports and communications;
· Proven ability in supervising and delivering structural contract drawings.
· Externally-focussed with a thorough understanding of the commercial aspects of consultancy;
· Ability to develop technical aspects of construction projects and to lead project teams;
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to both absorb and impart information;
· Excellent technical writing ability and reporting skills;
· Flexible and adaptable in approach to work;
· Fluency in English;
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
· Willingness and ability to travel in the UK and internationally.
Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Requisition ID: 18001054