Golder Associates Environmental Field Technician in EDMONTON, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Field Technician to join our Contaminated Sites team on a contractual basis based in Edmonton.
An overview of your role will include:
· Preparing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans to mitigate or eliminate risks to you, Golder’s clients, employees, and the public
· Identifying and reporting potential and existing site hazards, near loss incidents, and loss incidents
· Maintaining excellent field notes and collecting and handling soil and groundwater samples
· Carrying out field work (i.e. ground water monitoring, K-test data collection and analysis, soils sampling through test pit excavations or borehole drilling, subcontractor supervision, and drilling investigations, etc.) or office assignments under the direction of more experienced scientists and technical employees
· Supervising subcontractors including directing remedial excavations, waste tracking, and progress reporting
· Preparing and coordinating project documentation, subcontractors, and equipment for field programs
· Filing and managing all project related field notes including some data entry and assistance with report preparation
· Performing and recording work tasks as requested efficiently and accurately while adhering to current industry standards and regulatory requirements
You will have a background in:
· Diploma in Environmental Sciences is preferred
· A positive and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn, and the ability to work with little supervision
· Self-motivated and demonstrates strong time management and communication skills
· A minimum of one year of experience in contaminated site assessments
· Strong awareness of health and safety issues and a safety conscious attitude
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy of field notes
· A valid driver’s license
· Previous experience with soil and groundwater certification is an asset
· Eligibility for professional certification is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Environmental Field Technician
Requisition ID: 18002352