Golder Associates Environmental Reclamation Specialist in EDMONTON, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Reclamation Specialist to join our team on a full-time basis based in Edmonton . Golder Associates’ remediation and reclamation services team is dedicated to providing Environmental Site Assessments, Remediation, and Reclamation services for upstream and downstream oil and gas sites in Western Canada.
An overview of your role will include:
· Assist in assessing reclamation projects according to Alberta Environmental reclamation criteria for abandoned well sites
· Training and mentoring of junior staff with regards to reclamation assessments and the Alberta Environment Reclamation Criteria
· Pre-reclamation assessments, detailed site assessments, and developing reclamation plans and programs
· Supervising the execution of reclamation projects including reclamation sub-contractors
· Technical report writing
· Completion of reclamation certificate applications
· Assist with overall reclamation portfolio management, including project scoping, developing cost estimates, sub-contractor coordination and management, project scheduling, and resource allocation
You will have a background in:
· Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with emphasis on soil science and/or reclamation
· Minimum 5 years of experience in supervising oilfield reclamation activities and completing reclamation assessments
· Thorough knowledge or AER 2010 Reclamation Criteria and Guidelines, as well as AER Tier 1 and Tier 2 Remediation Guidelines
· Experience with AER One Stop submission system
· Knowledge of reclamation certificate application process
· Strong understanding of agriculture and oilfield practices
· Experience in tracking and managing reclamation costs
· Experience managing a portfolio with several projects
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Willingness to travel
· Excellent safety attitude
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Environmental Reclamation Specialist
Requisition ID: 19001591