Golder Associates Intermediate Occupational Hygienist in EDMONTON, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Occupational Hygienist / Hazardous Building Materials Specialist to join our Environmental Remediation Group on a full-time basis based in Calgary or Edmonton .
An overview of your role includes:
· Providing project management services, which will include:
o Initiating and managing projects from the proposal stage to completion with senior oversight/support
o Developing project scopes of work and budgets
o Preparing proposals
o Tracking and approving time and expenses to projects, allocating staff and resources, compiling invoicing information, and maintaining project files
o Scheduling and supervising resources locally and regionally to ensure projects are progressing efficiently
o Generating reports and correspondence with senior oversight/support
o Identifying and rectifying site issues and projects concerns with senior oversight/support
· Providing occupational hygiene services and expertise, which will include:
o Conducting occupational hygiene site assessments
o Conducting area and occupational (personal) sampling for chemical, physical, and biological workplace hazards
o Conducting indoor air quality monitoring and assessments
· Providing hazardous materials management expertise, including:
o Conducting building assessments for hazardous building materials, including asbestos, lead, mould, etc.
o Preparing, developing and tendering abatement specifications for hazardous building materials removal, including asbestos, lead, mould, etc.
o Providing on-site inspection and testing services for hazardous materials abatement and remediation projects, including contractor oversight, air sampling, and reporting
· Actively participating in and encouraging adherence to our Health and Safety program and industry best practice
· Conducting training programs
· Participating in the development and mentoring of professional and technical staff
· Assisting in the development and growth of our location and company
· All other duties as required
You will have a background in:
· Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Sciences (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent
· A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an Occupational Hygiene Technologist or Hazardous Building Materials Professional with preference given to those applicants who have experience in the consulting field
· Certification as an Industrial or Occupational Hygienist (CIH or ROH) or actively working towards certification OR certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or actively working towards certification or ROHT
· In depth knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation
· Working knowledge of occupational hygiene practices including maintenance and calibration of field equipment
· Knowledge of building sciences and building systems (mechanical, structural, architectural) a definite asset
· Technical writing
· Experience in providing services and/or training in confined spaces and/or hazardous materials management considered an asset
· Proven ability to participate as part of a team of skilled professionals
· Demonstrated commitment to execute and deliver the highest quality service
· The ability to work weekends and evenings as required to meet project commitments
· The ability to travel and work on a rotational basis outside of the local office depending on project requirements
· Experience working in the consulting and/or construction business in a project management and client development role
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic teamwork environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Intermediate Occupational Hygienist**
*Requisition ID: *19000345**