Golder Associates Mining Project Manager in EDMONTON, Alberta
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Mining team on a full-time basis based in Edmonton. Your role could include involvement throughout all stages of a mining project’s life cycle (i.e. Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and Closure) for consulting specific projects.
The position will be varied but with significant focus on utilizing Golder’s internal technical resources. The majority of work will be engineering, science, and/or environmental consulting work. You will be managing projects in areas including, but not limited to, engineering design, field investigations, desktop analyses, numerical modeling, permitting, studies, research, etc. EPCM is not a focus for this position. You will support our technical mining divisions which include Mine Engineering and Stability, Mine Waste, Mine Water, Mine Environment and Mining Construction Services and the projects could be locations throughout the world.
An overview of your role will include:
· Working with various internal and external stakeholders to plan various projects (scope, schedule and budget
· Lead project teams, composed of mostly internal stakeholders, with some external stakeholders to execute projects to ensure that deliverables satisfy clients’ multiple needs
· Assemble, manage and use a project monitoring system to monitor and track project progress with respect to schedule and budget
· Utilize and follow various Golder project management policies and protocols as well as available financial tools and systems
· Develop and implement project support plans (project health and safety, project quality, project risk management, project communication, project documentation, etc.)
· Manage projects with technical teams to deliver on schedule and budget, and meet the technical requirements of clients and regulatory agencies, if applicable
· Liaise regularly and frequently with clients and project teams to offer support and guidance
· Motivate and influence various levels of technical experts toward the completion of projects on time and on budget
· Manage change related scope, budget and schedule and actively communicate with the internal project team and clients
· Provide leadership and guidance to junior project staff
You will have a background in:
· Minimum of 5 years as a consultant working as a project manager where the candidate leveraged internal project teams of greater than 5 people in engineering, science, environmental, or related disciplines
· Has a BSc or MSc (preferred) or equivalent degree in Engineering, Science, Environmental, Business or related discipline
· Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent accreditation in project management (e.g., PRINCE2, Agile, Six Sigma)
· Strong knowledge of Project Management Systems
· Strong understanding of the importance of health and safety in projects
· Superior project planning skills , detail conscious and result oriented
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· High level of professionalism, integrity and ethics
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Mining Project Manager**
*Requisition ID: *18001130**