Golder Associates Geologist in GETZVILLE, New York
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Geologist to join our team, on a full time basis, based in Buffalo, NY. You will be working on an environmental compliance sampling team at a RCRA regulated waste management facility in the Erie-Niagara Region of Western New York.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
· may be required to perform daily RCRA inspections;
· perform surface water sampling including setting up and maintaining auto-samplers;
· conduct air and meteorological sampling;
· sample wells and tanks associated with the groundwater extraction systems;
· conduct groundwater and leachate sampling;
· maintain thorough inspection and sampling activity documentation and prepare detailed written summaries of inspection and sampling tasks/findings and issues; and
· complete other related duties to support a multidisciplinary project team.
The successful candidate will have a background in:
· must have a bachelor’s Degree in Geology and between 0-1 years professional geological experience.
· ability to work on weekends and holidays;
· possess 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training;
· able to wear a half-face air purifying respirator;
· must be able to commit to a long-term site assignment in Niagara County, New York
· must be able to work outside in challenging terrain and various weather conditions.
· Will be required to comply with all security, safety, health, and environment requirements at project sites.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical to include a drug screen, and background check.
· strong attention to detail;
· demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an inspection team;
· strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
· experience with field documentation; and
· experience working in challenging terrain and under challenging weather conditions.
· Preference will be given to candidates also demonstrating RCRA Hazardous Waste Generator training.
· excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with a positive attitude and ability to work both independently and with groups.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Requisition ID: *18001009**