Golder Associates Archaeologist in KAMLOOPS, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Professional Archaeologist to join our Heritage Team in our Kamloops location. The successful candidate will assist in the growth of the archaeology business in the Kamloops region and will gain valuable and diverse work experience throughout BC as part of our regional team. You will also have the ability to work on multidisciplinary projects that provide opportunities for learning and personal growth.
Your role will include:
· preparing or contributing to proposals
· securing heritage inspection, investigation and alteration permits
· designing and leading archaeological field programs
· liaising with First Nations
· managing project scope, schedule and cost, including invoicing and client service
· participating in business development activities, including meetings with prospective clients
· participating in Indigenous community relationship-building activities
· undertaking analysis and preparing technical reports
· supervising more junior staff and First Nations workers where appropriate
· participating in Golder’s Health & Safety program
· demonstrating a “Safety First” focus and acting as a role model to other staff
· complying with Golder’s Fit for Duty Policy
Your background should include:
· a graduate degree in Archaeology or Anthropology or an undergraduate degree with equivalent experience.
· Registered Professional Consulting Archaeologist in good standing
· Field Director and Permit Holder status in the BC Plateau Culture Area
· experience identifying, recording and evaluating the full range of archaeological site types expected in the BC Interior Plateau culture area
· experience working with First Nations. Preference will be given to candidates with positive relationships with First Nations in the Kamloops area
· an ability and willingness to perform field work in a variety of weather conditions
· proficiency with standard data collection equipment, including GPS and hand-held tablets
· proven oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· an ability to contribute to a positive team work environment as well as to work independently
· solid MS Office skills
· valid driver’s licence (Class 5)
· ATV/UTV and First Aid Certification would be considered an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Share purchase opportunities
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Opportunities to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Requisition ID: *18001027**