Golder Associates Field Technician in KAMLOOPS, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Geo-Environmental Technician/Technologist to join our Environmental Remediation & Water team on a full-time basis based in Kamloops.
An overview of your role will include:
· Undertake Phase I Environmental Site Assessments including data review, site reconnaissance, and report writing
· Support Phase II Environmental Site Assessments including drilling supervision, borehole logging, and sample collection
· Support site remedial activities including supervision and post-completion monitoring
· Undertake geological, hydrogeological, and contaminant data compilation, interpretation and reporting
You will have a background in:
· Diploma or Degree in environmental technology or related field
· 1-2 years of experience in assessment and remediation of contaminated sites (soil, groundwater, and soil vapour sample collection
· Experience in problem solving with industry standard commercial computer software
· Strong technical skills
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
· Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to operate in both field and office environments
· Willingness to work out of town in Northern British Columbia, Yukon, and Vancouver Island for two to three week long assignments
· Eligibility to register with the Association of Applied Science Technicians and Technologists of B.C. or any other relevant professional association as appropriate would be considered an asset
· Valid British Columbia driver’s license is required; having a personal vehicle is an asset
· New graduates are encouraged to apply
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Field Technician**
*Requisition ID: *18001317**