Golder Associates Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Engineer in KELOWNA, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical Engineering & Laboratory team on a full-time basis based in Kelowna . You will work with junior to senior geotechnical colleagues on a variety of projects with an emphasis on investigations and foundation engineering and design for land development, transportation, and infrastructure projects.
An overview of your role will include:
· Managing a variety of geotechnical engineering projects including work plan and budget preparation, progress monitoring, invoicing and follow-up, supervision, management of sub-consultants and sub-contractors, and mentoring of junior colleagues
· Quality control/quality assurance of field work, data analysis, and interpretation and engineering calculations
· Ensuring client satisfaction including maintaining existing good client relationships and developing new ones
You will have a background in:
· Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Geotechnical (Civil or Geological) Engineering
· 10-15 years of relevant consulting and project management experience in Geotechnical/Foundation Engineering
· Registration or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the Province of British Columbia
· Strong interpersonal skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment
· Experience in problem solving with common industry computer software for foundation design and slop stability analyses
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including proven capabilities in writing geotechnical reports and technical communications
· Proven capabilities in planning and supervising geotechnical investigations
· Experience or aptitude for proposal preparation, project management, client development, working in a team under tight timelines and other skills appropriate to consulting
· Must have a valid driver’s license
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Engineer**
*Requisition ID: *19000200**