Golder Associates Senior Water Resources Engineer in KELOWNA, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our Surface Water team on a full-time basis based in Kelowna.
As a Senior Water Resources Engineer you will provide technical solutions and designs, manage projects and teams, mentor and contribute to knowledge sharing and will contribute to multi-disciplinary projects both locally, regionally and internationally. You will join a growing Water Resources team which is based locally in Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna and is supported by Golder’s global hydrotechnical community. Our team services projects in the Government, Power, Transportation, Oil & Gas and Mining sectors.
This role requires a candidate who is prepared to take on a leadership role in our team with demonstrated experience in surface water engineering, including hydrologic analysis, flood mitigation, river engineering, hydraulic infrastructure analysis and design.
An overview of your role will include:
· Developing, managing, and servicing clients
· Collaboration with other senior staff and mentoring of intermediate and junior personnel
· Managing projects including technical work delivery, budget, schedule, and communications for both large, and small multi-disciplinary projects
· Developing technical engineered solutions for hydrotechnical projects including erosion and scour protection, river engineering, stormwater management, and flood mitigation
· Designing surface water management infrastructure from feasibility level to construction documentation including detailed design, tender documentation, and conducting field reviews
· Leading surface water resources projects, including watershed management, impact assessments, natural channel design, flood mapping, and environmental compliance and permitting
· Screening opportunities and preparing proposals
· Continuing professional development for maintaining current knowledge of professional standard practice
· Other duties as required
You will have a background in:
· Degree in Civil Engineering or similar (preferably a graduate degree related to surface water engineering), with consulting experience in water resources engineering, design, and construction of hydraulic infrastructure assessments related to hydrology, flood assessment/mitigation, and hydraulic structures
· Eligible for professional engineering designation in BC
· 15 years minimum experience in water resources engineering consulting projects
· Excellent leadership, problem solving, communication, mentoring, and people skills
· High degree of motivation, strategic planning, and ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines and budgets
· Committed to technical excellence and ability to write proposals and technical reports
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Senior Water Resources Engineer
Requisition ID: 20000135