Golder Associates Legal Contracts Specialist in MISSISSAUGA, Ontario
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Legal Contracts Specialist to join our Legal team on a full-time basis based in Calgary, Vancouver or Mississauga. The successful candidate will report to our Senior Contract Specialist, Team Leader who is based in Vancouver.
An overview of your role will include:
· Leading contract reviews, contract drafting, and negotiation of multiple project contracts in areas of both consulting and construction in support of project teams pursuits and response to client RFP’s and tender processes
· Negotiating subcontract agreements in support of our Subcontractor management and qualification program including Master Service Agreements and one-time subcontracts
· Supporting our project teams in collaborating on contract and risk management issues while considering all aspects of commerciality and business objectives by using problem solving skills, business acumen, and legal expertise
· Supporting the Legal Department in reaching its strategic goals and initiatives in support of Global objectives
· Provision of support to the Legal Team in project recovery and dispute resolution matters as necessary
· Research undertaking to support internal legal and contract education
· General support in areas of insurance and risk management as requested by company staff
You will have a background in:
· Must have 5 or more years of contract review or negotiation experience in a legal environment (this is not a procurement or administration role)
· Strong professional written and oral communication skills
· Advanced time management and organizational skills
· Bright, mature, detail-oriented, team player, and personable
· Enjoys working independently and taking on responsibility
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Knowledge of the consulting, engineering, and construction industries
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Legal Contracts Specialist**
*Requisition ID: *18001655**