Golder Associates Senior Human Resources Advisor in MISSISSAUGA, Ontario
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Advisor to join our HR team on a full-time basis based in Mississauga.
An overview of your role will include:
· Building partnerships with Group Leaders within the assigned business units to understand strategic goals and needs, assess HR implications, and implement strategies to align HR services to support the attainment of business goals
· Serving as a primary contact for leaders and employees within assigned business units on matters such as new employee integration, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, compensation, departures and other operational human resources matters
· Support and coach Group Leaders in conflict resolution techniques to enable them to handle a variety of employee issues that arise within their groups, as well as to implement practices to create a positive workplace
· Supports group leaders in forecasting and planning their talent requirements in line with the business strategy
· Supporting the effective implementation and application of Regional/Global Human Resources policies, programs and processes within the assigned business units
· Contribute to the development, review and implementation of regional HR initiatives, policies and processes by participating on project teams
· Proactively identifies potential challenges/problems and provides innovative solutions;
· Performing other duties as required
Your background will include:
· University Degree in Business focusing on HR, IR or related specialty
· A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Generalist position. CHRP or CHRL designation is preferred
· Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships throughout an organization, combined with a strong customer service orientation
· Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact
· Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in dynamic environments
· Solid knowledge of Ontario labour and human rights regulations is required; general knowledge of Canadian regulations is also a definite asset
· Proficient in core office programs (e.g., Microsoft Office products) and capable of learning key HRIS / role specific applications
· Solid problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to maintain effectiveness and a positive attitude even in stressful or adverse situations
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Senior Human Resources Advisor**
*Requisition ID: *18001945**