Golder Associates Vice President - Ontario Operations in MISSISSAUGA, Ontario
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Vice President – Ontario Operations to join us on a full-time basis based in Mississauga . This role encapsulates a balance between implementing the global and regional strategy, achieving regional goals and overseeing the overall day to day functioning of the Ontario Operation which is a 500 person multidisciplinary business providing services in all sectors within Ontario and globally.
An overview of your role will include:
· Report directly to the President of the Canadian Region and participate as a member of the Canadian Leadership Team
· Lead the Ontario Leadership Team
· Implement Golder’s strategy and goals to drive profitable revenue generation, to achieve the business outcomes for the Ontario Operation
· Accountable for the profit and loss performance of their business unit, establishing a bottom up budget, and regular financial forecast updates with the Regional President and Leadership Team
· The role will work closely with key regional stakeholders including Principals and Associates, Operational and Group Leaders, and senior Business Support Leaders
· Achievement of Operational Financial Performance Goals
· Setting and tracking Group performance to KPI’s, annual budget review and reporting to measure, and have accountability for results
· Providing a healthy, safe, and respectful workplace environment at all Golder sites and reinforcing expectations
· Mentoring and guiding the Group Leaders in their Operation, including participating in their development and performance goals
· Represent Golder in the Communities we operate in to raise the reputation of the company
Your background will include:
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited curriculum in applicable area of expertise and/or a minimum of 15 years general experience in consulting or industry
· 5 or more years of experience providing leadership, counsel, and direction for the operational performance of a business unit
· Ability to develop and communicate strategy and provide clear direction as well as gain alignment amongst peers and multiple stakeholders
· Experience managing and leading people with a significant understanding of human resources practices to engage and inspire followership
· Demonstrated ability to gain alignment amongst peers and multiple stakeholders
· Demonstrated strong leadership, management, coaching, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Ability to establish credibility and influence individuals at all levels within the organization and with local and regional stakeholders and industry leaders
· Ability to achieve results in the timely delivery of programs, projects, and services through employee engagement, effective resource planning, and goal setting
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and activities, ensuring priorities are established and results achieved
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Vice President - Ontario Operations**
*Requisition ID: *18001159**