Golder Associates Environmental Scientist in Naas, Ireland
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Scientist to join our Environmental Management team on a full time basis based in our Naas office.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
· Site works to include collection of soil and groundwater samples for laboratory testing and logging of geological material
· C ollation and interpretation of geological, environmental and hydrogeological information;
· Developing conceptual site models for a range of different conditions and scenarios;
· Technical writing and input into reports and memos, including sections of Environmental Impact Statements/Reports;
· Display a ‘safety first’ attitude in line with an interdependent health and safety culture, promote positive health and safety, raise safety issues through the appropriate channels and adhere to Golder health and safety policy and procedures;
· Adhere to the Golder Code of Conduct at all times and raise concerns as appropriate. Regularly familiarise self with the Code of Conduct and how it is applicable to own role/position within the organisation; and
· Ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to Golder’s Equality Policy at all times.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
· Qualified to BSc level within Environmental Science, Geology, or a related subject;
· 3 to 5 years post qualification in relevant environmental related projects;
· Experience in geological, hydrogeological and environmental data collection, from planning through to execution (e.g. routine groundwater monitoring planning and executing monitoring works);
· Experience in ground investigation/drill programme management, inclusive of Health and Safety management;
· Experience in fieldwork and site supervision;
· Developed report writing skills;
· Strong project and task management skills;
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (in English);
· Ability to work independently, display initiative and decision-making skills;
· Full driving licence; and
· Willingness and ability to travel in Ireland, UK, Europe and internationally;
The role will be both office and field based and the candidate must be prepared to travel, both in Ireland and overseas for short to medium periods of time.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Title: *Environmental Scientist**
*Requisition ID: *19000755**