Golder Associates Environmental Consultant in NOTTINGHAM, United Kingdom
At Golder, wethrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place towork, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where peoplecollaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and growprofessionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has an opportunity for an Environmental Consultant to join our expanding Site Characterisation and Remediation Service team on a full time contract basis based in Nottingham. Applications are particularly welcomed from candidates with a background or experience in hydrogeology.
The focus of this role will be to support our Project Managers to deliver a broad range of land and water quality services to our clients including desk studies, intrusive investigations, monitoring, risk assessment, and remediation of contaminated land.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Support existing project teams in undertaking both office-based and site-based work including, from time to time, overseas projects;
· Write factual reports and balanced, interpretative reports to support client’s needs and to meet regulatory requirements;
· Undertake site works (e.g. groundwater monitoring, drilling supervision) as required;
· Take direction from other members of staff on relevant project related tasks.
· Liaise with clients as required and represent Golder appropriately and effectively;
· Achieve and maintain a chargeability to be agreed with your People Manager and reviewed annually or as determined by specific business need.
· Undertake and lead technical tasks within existing and new projects to produce deliverables on time to the required quality and to budget;
· Work in a collaborative manner, contributing to the support and development of the existing Site Characterisation and Remediation Service team;
· Display a ‘safety first’ attitude in line with an interdependent health and safety culture, promoting positive health and safety, raising safety issues through the appropriate channels and adhering to Golder health and safety policy and procedures;
· Act in the spirit of Golder’s values. Adhere to the Code of Conduct at all times and raise concerns as appropriate. Regularly familiarise self with the Code of Conduct and how it is applicable to own role/position within Golder;
· Ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to Golder’s Equality Policy at all times; and
· Project based travel and site work, working away both in the UK and overseas. The frequency and duration of this will depend on business and client need.
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist, but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks. The post holder is expected to work flexibly and respond positively to changing business needs.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
BSc or BEng in a sciencesubject (e.g. environmental science, environmental engineering, geology,hydrogeology chemistry or similar);
MSc in a relevant subject isdesirable;
Previous industry experiencedesirable;
Familiar with currentenvironmental legislation related to groundwater, surface water andcontaminated land and the approach to managing land contamination given inCLR11;
Works with a high level ofaccuracy and excellent attention to detail;
Ability to work well bothindependently and as part of a team;
Excellent time managementand organisational skills;
Excellent communicationskills, both written and verbal, in English;
Willingness to travel bothin the UK and internationally, if required;
Full UK driving licence; and
An understanding of keyhealth & safety legislation including CDM requirements.
Yourbenefits at Golder will include:
Competitive benefits andremuneration packages
Option to purchase shares inGolder
Employee owned structure -own the business, own the result
Deepen your expertise in a dynamicwork environment
Innovative and collaborativemultidisciplinary projects
On the job training,mentoring and coaching
Global projects and travelopportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Title: Environmental Consultant
Requisition ID: 19001297