Golder Associates Health and Safety Consultant in NOTTINGHAM, United Kingdom
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Heath and Safety Consultant to join our Compliance team on a full time basis based in Bourne End, Buckinghamshire or Stanton on the Wolds Nottinghamshire.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Health and Safety Consultant;
• Provision of Health and Safety Advice to a variety of clients;
• Delivery of Health and Safety training Lead the production of technical reports and proposals;
• Undertaking health and safety audits;
• Project based travel and site work, working away in the UK. The frequency and duration of this will depend on business and client needs;
• Support and encourage the technical development of the team;
• Act as a visible role model of Golder’s culture, demonstrating values and behaviours consistent with the Code of Conduct and Core Values;
• Ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to Golder’s Equality Policy at all times.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
• Degree Qualified;
• BSc/MSc in Occupational Health and Safety preferred
• NEBOSH National Diploma as a minimum;
• Knowledge of Management Systems (ISO14001, ISO45001, OSHA 18001);
• Interest in Environmental Science an advantage;
• Working towards chartership (CMIOSH, MIIRSM)
• Good knowledge and practical experience of implementing relevant legislation relating to, amongst other things heath, and safety compliance;
• Relevant work experience an advantage;
• Ability to liaise with clients and build/develop relationships effectively;
• Approachable, willingness to lean;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (in English);
• Ability to multi-task to meet business and client needs;
• Ability to work independently, display initiative and decision-making skills;
• Positive approach to working in a team environment;
• Full driving licence; and
• Willingness and ability to travel in the UK.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
• Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
• Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
• Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
• On the job training, mentoring and coaching
• Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
#LI - NW1
Title: *Health and Safety Consultant *
Other Locations: GB-GB-BOURNE END
Requisition ID: 21000303