Golder Associates Proposals Coordinator in OTTAWA, Ontario
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Proposal Coordinator to join our North American Proposal Team team on contract basis based in Ottawa .
An overview of your role will include:
• Review/analyze in-bound proposal requests (such as RFP, RFQ, EOI, SOA, etc.and develop proposal structure and contents to address these;
• Plan and coordinate proposal tasks, from initial Go/No go and kick-off meeting to proposal delivery and post-submission follow-up;
• Compile internal intelligence such as past history with the client for proposal decisions and strategy;
• Assess and execute proposal win strategy;
• Compile, edit, and write standard proposal components in adherence to requirements;
• Compiling disparate content elements from a distributed group of authors into a cohesive and responsive proposal document;
• Perform and delegate proposal tasks, and ensure proposal schedules are maintained and met;
• Assist with proposal budgets and other technical sections, as required;
• Adapt existing resumes, project descriptions and boilerplate;
• Review final/deliverable documents for quality assurance and quality control;
• Facilitate short-list interview strategy, develop presentations, and coach rehearsals;
• Assist with internal and external proposal debriefs and other proposal close-out activities;
• Assist staff in developing capture plans for business opportunities and leads;
• Act as a subject matter expert for Golder’s proposal process and tools;
• Participate in the development of tools and processes;
• Provide training on proposal processes, systems and templates;
• Contribute to the generation, collection, dissemination, and storage of related proposal information;
You will have a background in:
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, sciences, communications, business, or related discipline;
A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience writing proposals;
An intermediate to advanced level of comfort working in MS Word;
Familiarity in other MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint;
Must have comfort and familiarity working in online programs such as SharePoint, and performing online searches for information;
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are a must;
Bilingual communication in French would be considered a strong asset; Experience in the professional services consulting industry (engineering and sciences an asset), with an emphasis on proposal management and/or writing;
Experience working on Federal Government/Public Works proposals would be considered a strong asset;
Experience working with both internal and external client groups, and distributed (virtual) proposal teams;
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage people;
Experience in client development and information management activities;
Superior client focus with a positive “can-do” attitude;
Strong Project Management skills (prioritizing, scheduling, follow up, etc.);
Superb team player able to excel in a deadline-driven environment;
Ability to work overtime and under pressure in order to meet deadlines;
Comfortable working and interacting at all levels in a multidisciplinary environment
Option to purchase shares in Golder
Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
On the job training, mentoring and coaching
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Proposals Coordinator
Requisition ID: 18000726