Golder Associates CADD Technician Job in Sacramento, California
Posted Date 4 months ago(11/13/2017 11:52 AM)
Job ID: 2017-13461
Area of Interest: EN - Information Management and Graphics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Diploma
Experience (Years): 2
The Roseville, CA office of Golder Associates is seeking a CADD Technician to join our dynamic team. This exciting opportunity will allow you to develop your technical skills in the field with like-minded professionals in an employee-owned international firm.
The successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities but not limited to:
• Working closely with the various engineering and environmental groups to fit the needs of our internal and external clients in providing engineering design and drafting
• Producing maps from topographic data and survey field notes;
• Preparing key plans, site plans, and site design drawings including cross-sections, profiles, construction drawings, as-built drawings, tender documents, figures, sketches,
and charts for presentation in reports and proposals;
• Performing various calculations and provide technical assistance to the project design teams;
• Preparing various types of borehole logs, using specific logging software, to be included in drawings and reports; and
• Being responsible for product quality control with adherence to company standards and procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• A technical diploma or degree in civil engineering design or equivalent with 0 - 2 years related work experience using AutoCAD;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented;
• Good problem solver with an ability to identify alternative solutions;
• Strong sense and commitment to CAD standards and procedures;
• Ability to prioritize and respond to the needs of several people;
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure; and
• Ability to work with the following software would be considered an asset: AutoCAD Land Desktop, AutoCAD Civil3D, AutoCAD Map, Raster Design, AutoLisp, and AutoCAD
Visual Basic for Applications.
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 8,000 people who operate from more than 180 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.