Golder Associates Biological Field Technician in SASKATOON, Saskatchewan
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Biological Field Technician to join our Biophysical team on a full-time basis based in Saskatoon.
An overview of your role will include:
· Participation in field projects that may include vegetation, wildlife, soils, and/or wetland assessments/tasks
· Assisting with field work related to environmental construction monitoring
· Communicating environmental compliance and permit conditions to construction crews
· Assisting with field work related to various technical disciplines (vegetation, wildlife, soils, archeology)
· Preparation and submission of regulatory reporting and permitting
You will have a background in:
· At least 5 years of environmental consulting experience and a bachelor’s of science in biological or environmental sciences
· Experience within the oil and gas, power, transportation, mining and/or renewable energy industries
· Registered or eligible for registration as a R.P.Bio, P.Biol and/or P.Ag
· Experience with environmental construction monitoring, bird nest surveys, construction best management practices, and mitigation measures
· A working knowledge of the provincial regulatory framework in Saskatchewan and/or Alberta
· A working knowledge of dominant grassland and aspen parkland vegetation species and wildlife identification skills, particularly breeding birds
· Basic understanding of erosion and sediment control measures
· Ability to work independently but also thrive in an atmosphere that requires cooperation and teamwork to provide quality, solution-oriented consulting services
· Strong oral and written communication skills in an industrial setting
· Ability to manage time and resources effectively
· Willing to travel and work outdoors in remote locations for extended periods of teime
· Valid driver’s license
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Biological Field Technician**
*Requisition ID: *18001086**