Golder Associates Intermediate Aquatics Technician in SASKATOON, Saskatchewan
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Aquatics Technician to join our Biophysical team on a full-time basis based in Edmonton, Calgary or Saskatoon.
An overview of your role will include:
· Working independently or within multi-disciplinary teams
· Participation in aquatic assessments for various types of developments including rail, power, mines, oil and gas facilities, infrastructure, and pipelines
· Interacting with clients, contractors, and representatives from regulatory agencies within a variety of settings
· Environmental monitoring for a variety of projects including power, pipelines, rail development, and construction projects
· Leading or assisting with field programs in aquatic biology (e.g. fish and fish habitat data, collection of water quality, benthic invertebrates, etc.)
· Preparing written material on time, within scope and within budget
· Participation in Golder and client health and safety programs
· Mentoring staff
You will have a background in:
· A degree or diploma related to aquatic biology with at least five years of related experience
· Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy of field notes
· Experience in a variety of aquatics field work and field data collection using a variety of fish collection methods
· Experience in environmental monitoring on construction sites
· Strong outdoor skills, experience working in remote areas, and experience with operating field equipment including boats, ATVs, snowmobiles, GPS, water and sediment sampling equipment
· Willing to travel and work out of remote locations for extended periods
· Willingness to perform physically demanding work in a variety of conditions
· A valid driver’s license
Experience with the following are considered assets:
· Experience on multi-disciplinary projects including wildlife, vegetation, and soils experience
· Experience working in northern areas
· Knowledge of federal and Saskatchewan provincial regulatory and permitting requirements for developments in or near water
· Electrofishing and other aquatics related certifications
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Intermediate Aquatics Technician**
*Requisition ID: *19000186**