Golder Associates Junior Aquatics Technician in SASKATOON, Saskatchewan
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Junior Aquatics Technician to join our Biophysical team on an hourly basis based in Edmonton or Saskatoon.
An overview of your role will include:
· Preparing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans to mitigate or eliminate risks to you, Golder’s clients, employees and the public
· Participating in field work for various types of developments including rail, power, mines, oil and gas facilities, infrastructure, and pipelines
· Working individually or within multi-disciplinary teams
· Interacting with clients and contractors within a variety of settings
· Recording and managing project related field data and notes and assisting with deliverable preparation
· Completing tasks efficiently while adhering to current industry standards and regulatory requirements
You will have a background in:
· Technical diploma or degree
· Minimum of one year of work experience with environmental field work and field data collection
· A positive and enthusiastic attitude, a willingness to learn, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Willingness to travel for extended periods and experience working in remote areas
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment
· Willingness to perform physically demanding work in various weather conditions
· Understanding of basic field sampling methods and sample collection techniques as well as working knowledge of basic field equipment such as GPS, boats, ATVs, water quality meters, etc.
· Experience with fish and fish habitat sampling
· Environmental monitoring experience on construction sites
· Experience with a variety of fish collection methods including electrofishing, gill netting, and trapping
· Experience conducting general wildlife, bird, vegetation or soil surveys
· Job specific training courses, such as Electrofishing Certification
· Strong awareness of health and safety issues and safety-conscious attitude
· Strong interpersonal communication skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy of field notes
· A valid driver’s license
· Pleasure Craft Operator Card would be considered an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Junior Aquatics Technician**
*Requisition ID: *19000884**