Golder Associates Junior GIS Analyst in SASKATOON, Saskatchewan
We are looking to fill a position as an experienced GIS Analyst within the Prairies and North Information Management Group and based out of the Calgary, Edmonton, or Saskatoon office . The successful candidate must have experience working with Geographic Information Systems, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, be focused on providing high quality service, and have a strong desire to complete projects accurately, on time, and in a professional manner. The successful candidate should also have strong interpersonal skills as they will be working with clients and staff at all levels within our company. This position is a contract based role.
· Work with Project Managers and Clients to complete and manage the GIS portion of projects;
· Provide GIS support to all project teams within the Information Management Group for a wide range of technical disciplines;
· Under the direction of senior GIS analysts, conduct GIS analysis
to provide specific GIS solutions to various problems;
· Delegate tasks to and supervise junior staff;
· Assist with information management problems that require a GIS
· Generate cartographic products and datasets supporting multi-disciplinary projects.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
· A technical diploma or degree with 2 to 5 years related
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills and detail oriented;
· Ability to prioritize and respond to the needs of clients;
· Understanding of quality control measures appropriate for information management and cartography;
· Strong understanding of data management concepts;
· Project and client focused with regard to timelines, team engagement, communication, and schedules;
· Solid understanding and experience of Geographic Information Systems and particularly ESRI products and data formats (ESRI ArcGIS V 10.X, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Model Builder, ArcGIS Online);
· Demonstrated understanding and experience of remote sensing software and data processing and analysis (Satellite Imagery, LiDAR, 3D soft copy mapping, UAVs, DEM creation);
· Experience with the some or all of the following will be considered an asset: Python scripting, FME, PurView, eCognition, GeoCortex, AutoCAD, EQuIS.
Our staff benefit from:
· An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates;
· Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth;
· Employee mentoring program; and,
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 9,000 people who operate from more than 180 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Title: Junior GIS Analyst
Requisition ID: 18000063