Golder Associates Junior Mining Engineer ( Construction) in SASKATOON, Saskatchewan
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Junior Mining Engineer to join our Underground structure team in Canada.
The successful candidate will provide analysis, planning, input to design, and construction expertise for mining and tunneling projects. As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply your mining/ surveying/ structural design skills and knowledge to a variety of projects.
An overview of your role will include:
• Working with Golder’s project teams, clients and subcontractors to provide technical support for a variety of shaft, decline and civil tunneling programs;
• Involvement in various aspects of proposal preparation, technical report writing, and project planning, analysis, design, and construction;
• Assist with inspection of underground structures and ground support systems
• Preparation of technical deliverables including calculations, specifications and drawings for ground support and underground structures
• Assisting with preparing tender and construction contracts and providing support during construction.
• Project management
• Conducting engineering research & development tasks
• Assist in the delivery of construction projects via surveying, undertaking quality assurance and control and production of daily reports
• Operation and maintenance of small tools and equipment typical of an underground construction site.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with both new and existing clients
Significant travel is required in this position for project site work and construction management within North America and internationally.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Applied Science or Engineering – Mining, Civil or Geological Engineering
• commitment to working towards P.Eng status
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must have access to a vehicle and possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license in Canada (or equivalent) with a safe driver’s record;
• Hand’s on underground construction experience obtained during studying would be preferred.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages
• Experience with engineering software such as AutoCAD and FE design packages
• Experience with proposal preparation, engineering design, technical writing, project reporting and construction management is considered an asset.
• 1 years experience preferred
• Client focused;
• Committed to technical excellence;
• Critical thinking skills for on-site problem solving;
• Commitment to working long hours as necessary to complete critical phases of projects;
• Strong technical writing skills;
• Willingness to travel;
• Able to assist with carrying out manual labour on-site as required; and
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
• Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
• Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
• Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
• On the job training, mentoring and coaching
• Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.
Title: Junior Mining Engineer ( Construction)
Other Locations: CA-SK-SASKATOON
Requisition ID: 20001424