Golder Associates Vegetation Ecologist in SASKATOON, Saskatchewan
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Vegetation Ecologist to join our Biophysical Team on a full-time basis based in Saskatoon .
Your role may include the following:
· Collect data to answer diverse ecological questions by developing study designs and implementing field programs.
· Prepare technical memorandums, private land checklists, oil and gas proposals, technical proposals, and permit applications (e.g., species detection surveys, aquatic habitat protection permits, and miscellaneous use).
· Work with a large team of other experts to provide practical solutions to conservation problems faced by industry and governments.
· Mentoring and training new employees, in Saskatchewan and Alberta, on field methods and technical writing procedures
To excel at this role, you will have the following attributes, skills, and background:
· A bachelor’s degree in biology/ecology or a related field, or a technical diploma with relevant experience
· A minimum of three years of practical experience
· Plant identification, including experience with provincially tracked or federally listed vascular plant species
· Ability to lead a technical field program
· Experience with designated weed species and design of management plans
· Wetland classification (Steward and Kantrud method) and habitat classification (native vs. tame grasslands; Ecosites of Saskatchewan’s Provincial Forest)
· Identification of wildlife (e.g., amphibians, breeding birds, and mammal, nests)
· Demonstrated ability to compile and analyze ecological data
· Familiar with construction techniques and industry best management practices, and mitigation techniques
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with environmental screenings, environmental assessment, effects monitoring programs and/or special research studies in applied ecology
· Ability to work independently but also thrive in an atmosphere that requires cooperation and teamwork to provide quality, solution-oriented consulting services
· A valid driver’s licence; ability to drive trucks, tow trailers and operate ATVs is an asset
· Willingness to travel and work outdoors in remote locations for extended periods of time
· Professional biologist or Agrologist designation is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Vegetation Ecologist**
*Requisition ID: *18001251**