Golder Associates Vegetation Ecologist in SASKATOON, Saskatchewan
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Vegetation Ecologist to join our Biophysical team on a full-time basis based in Saskatoon.
An overview of your role will include:
· Identifying plants in wetlands and upland communities
· Creating and preparing written technical reports
· Performing wetland assessments and utilizing proper monitoring procedures
· Utilizing GIS software
· Working in the field and office with a group of other senior and junior staff
You will have a background in:
· B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Biological Sciences, or equivalent, with emphasis on wetland and/or plant ecology
· 3-6 years of plant identification skills, ideally for wetland and upland communities in boreal landscapes
· A good understanding of experimental study design and analytical techniques commonly used in plant community ecology
· Strong reporting experience or evidence of excellent writing skills
· Basic GIS skills and understanding with wetlands/vegetation mapping experience is an asset
· Enthusiasm for field work and willingness to complete multi-day field programs away from home base
· Willingness to work in the field and office
· Ability to work independently but also thrive in an atmosphere that requires cooperation and teamwork to provide quality, solution-oriented consulting services
· A valid driver’s license; the ability to drive trucks, tow trailers, and operate ATVs is an asset
· P.Biol. or P.Ag. designation is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Vegetation Ecologist**
*Requisition ID: *19000559**