Golder Associates Senior Project EHS Scientist (Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City) in TEMPE, Arizona
Golder Associates Inc has an immediate opening for an Environmental Health and Safety ( EHS) Specialist for the Western US. Golder has offices in Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, Reno, and Elko and the position can be based in one of these offices. The EHS Specialist will help develop our local Mine Safety and Industrial Hygiene practice and will also work more broadly with our regional Environmental Health & Safety Group, comprised of industrial hygienists, environmental professionals, and hazardous materials managers.
The successful candidate will assist in building a team of professionals that will service Golder’s mining, oil and gas and manufacturing clients with their occupational hygiene, ergonomics and/or environmental health & safety needs. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing EHS programs, building client relationships, and managing EHS projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for fulfilling a number of challenging and rewarding aspects for this position including:
· Providing technical leadership in management of local, regional, and potentially global EHS programs, including client & project management and contributing to strategic planning
· Leading local Industrial Hygiene (IH) program support to clients (such as mining and manufacturing) with a primary focus on comprehensive IH services, including field investigations.
· Preparing or reviewing technical proposals (including scope, schedule, and budget) in response to client needs
· Managing tasks and projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and delivering high quality reports on time and within budget. This includes coordinating work with clients, subcontractors and Golder field personnel, managing and interpreting data, preparing or reviewing reports, and presenting results to clients
· Developing business with new and existing clients in the service area of EHS while collaborating with other Golder consultants to expand work to these clients into service areas beyond EHS
· Actively mentoring staff across the organization to develop their EHS expertise
· Introducing junior staff to existing clients, and helping them learn to pursue new business, seek opportunities through regular client contact, and otherwise build an external network
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
· Master's degree in Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Science, Engineering, or similar discipline preferred; a Bachelor’s degree will be considered with appropriate experience
· Minimum 10 years EHS experience with a working knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS regulations, including those related to occupational health & safety assessments and programs; experience with environmental permitting and reporting is beneficial
· Experience with compliance audits and EHS management systems (e.g., ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001) with a focus on mining and manufacturing clients
· Experience with conducting field work in various EHS practice areas including IH
· Professional certification or license (CSP, CIH, PE, CHMM or equivalent) is desirable; CIH certification, or the ability to obtain this certification within one year, is preferred.
· Business development and client service management skills with a proven track record of developing project opportunities and maintaining successful client relationships; strong existing client relationships and professional contacts are highly desirable
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products
· Able to travel and work extended hours as required for project needs and business development purposes
Priority will be given to local area applicants
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our staff benefit from:
· An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
· Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
· Employee mentoring program
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
*Title: *Senior Project EHS Scientist (Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City)**
*Requisition ID: *18001037**