Golder Associates Senior Water Resources Engineer - Calgary in TORONTO, Ontario
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our Water team on a full-time basis based in Calgary. The successful candidate will be providing engineering services in the Prairie Provinces for civil, geotechnical, and mining projects. Your role as a Senior Water Resources Engineer will include providing team leadership, mentoring, planning, design and construction expertise for water resources, civil engineering, large earthworks and environmental projects. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply your hydrotechnical and civil engineering capabilities to a variety of projects. You will work with Golder’s clients and your other client contacts to bring in a new work to the Water Resources and Design Group.
An overview of your role will include:
· Participating with a variety of engineering projects from the proposal stage, planning, design and construction
· Managing multiple project deadlines, budgets, and scope changes
· Writing proposals and technical reports
· Leading or managing multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborating and working efficiently with engineers, scientists, and managers at all levels, and communicating effectively with clients
· Performing hydraulic analysis, design, and assessment of surface water diversions, hydraulic structures, water control structures, water intakes, pump stations, surface water outlets to rivers, pipelines and mine infrastructure
· Preparation of tender packages including drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
· Providing engineering support during construction
· Developing and sustaining positive business relationships
· Offering innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives
· Providing technical direction and mentoring to junior staff
· Working with Golder clients to provide detailed design and construction support for large surface water diversion and water management projects
You will have a background in:
· Degree in Civil Engineering (with experience or a focus on water resources, dams, hydraulic structures, erosion protection, construction administration and site inspections)
· You must be an engineer registered with a P.Eng. or eligible for immediate registration as a Professional Engineer in Alberta
· Have a proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships
· 15 years minimum experience in surface water management projects
· Good communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing, and people skills
· Exhibit a high degree of motivation, strategic planning, self-starting capability and able to work autonomously
· A team player and the ability to motivate and lead by example
· High ethical standards and integrity
· Ability to write proposals and technical reports
· Committed to technical excellence
· Critical thinking skills for problem solving able to manage and develop business relationships
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Senior Water Resources Engineer - Calgary**
*Requisition ID: *19000251**