Golder Associates Geotechnical Engineer in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mining Team (Mine Waste) on a full-time basis based in Vancouver . You will have the opportunity to work as a part of a regional team on challenging mining, heavy civil, and geotechnical projects.
An overview of your role will include:
· Provide technical support in geotechnical and tailings projects, including exploration, laboratory testing and interpretation; design and construction; geotechnical analysis; and dam safety inspections and reviews
· Scoping, directing, and reviewing geotechnical analyses, including stability, seepage, and thermal modelling for tailings or embankment dams and waste rock spoils
· Planning and reviewing a wide variety of geotechnical, hydrogeological, and geophysical investigations including high end lab testing and CPT interpretation
· Preparing technical and/or multidisciplinary proposals and design work packages in response to client needs
· Managing projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget, including working closely with the Project Management team and leading technical teams
· Manage quality control and risks during geotechnical and design work, including critical review of results
· Maintaining existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities
· Supporting development and implementation of Golder’s mining business plan
· Promoting a safety-first culture
You will have the following skills and attributes:
· 4-6 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering with a Master’s preferred
· Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia
· Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Alaska would be an asset
· Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and critical thinking skills
· Prior experience leading large QA/QC teams would be an asset
· Cold regions / arctic engineering, would be an asset
· Desire to provide excellent client service and commitment and technical excellence
· DAN-3D runout analysis experience would be an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Geotechnical Engineer**
*Requisition ID: *18001210**