Golder Associates HSSE Advisor in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a HSSE Advisor to join our team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver . As part of the North American Mining, Health Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) team, the HSSE Advisor will report to the NA Mining Projects HSSE Specialist, and support the Group Leaders in the Western North American Mining region. This role will involve providing HSSE support services to projects and offices throughout British Columbia, Oregon, and Alaska.
An overview of your role will include:
· Point of contact on HSSE issues for North American Mining within the Western Region
· Assist in the effective rollout of HSSE initiatives throughout NA Mining within Western Region
· Participate in the development of new HSSE strategies, systems, and programs as a member of the NA Mining HSSE Team
· Liaise with Principals, Associates, and other senior staff to solicit their input and facilitate their satisfaction and understanding of HSSE initiatives
· Acting as a resource, provide guidance and support to the NA Mining Western Region, Group Leaders, Principals, and Associates and assist the NA Mining Projects HSSE Specialist in implementing the HSSE Management System within the region
· Assist in aligning HSSE systems with legislative standards/requirements
· Provide guidance and resources to Vancouver Mining HSSE Committees
· Provide guidance/expertise in conducting audits, investigations and inspections
· Support operations as they deliver services to clients, build client relationships, and align with client commitments to HSSE
You will have a background in:
· Expert knowledge and competency in Worksafe BC Regulations. Added value for Environmental competency
· Post-secondary diploma or degree in HSSE, Engineering or related Science preferred
· Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation or working towards meeting eligibility requirements
· 7-10 years combined experience in HSSE
· Experience in consulting engineering, construction, mining or oil and gas sectors is a benefit
· Experience with recognized management systems (OSHAS 18000, ISO 14001, COR) and auditing certifications
· Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
· Good problem solver with the ability to identify alternative solutions
· Self-starter and highly motivated
· Available to travel throughout the region for extended periods in support of field programs, including those in remote locations
· Available for business travels and extended working hours, when required
· Valid driver’s license
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *HSSE Advisor**
*Requisition ID: *18001069**