Golder Associates HSSE Advisor in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an HSSE Advisor to join our HSSE team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver. This role provides advice, coaching, and mentoring to all staff levels at the project, group and office levels while supporting the HSSE team and the HSSE Point to ensure that HSSE is delivered in a consistent manner throughout the BC operation .
An overview of your role will include:
· Liaise between the HSSE teams and employees of the assigned operational group(s). Solicit input from employees, supervisors and leaders and ensure their understanding and satisfaction with the HSSE system
· Provide input for ongoing HSSE communications within the Operations, assigned groups, and HSSE Committees including incident statistics and information, alerts, safety shares, HSSE metrics, trends, and activities to internal stakeholders
· Provide advice and support for the communication of investigation, inspection, and audit results including recommendations and corrective actions within the Operation, Group, and HSSE teams
· Communicate the feedback including opportunities for improvement of HSSE systems from the Operation and Group to the HSSE teams
· Participate in the development and review of internal HSSE training as required and provide feedback on training programs from the Operation and Groups to the HSSE teams
· Facilitate HSSE orientations and other training for new employees as required
· Review content and advise employees seeking external HSSE training
· Communicate and support global programs and requirements within the Operation and Groups and provide feedback on HSSE programs to the HSSE teams
· Assist in the achievement of regulatory compliance through knowledge in applicable OHS and Environmental legislation and regulation, industry best practices and standards
· Participate in the completion, review, and communication of incident investigations as required by OHS regulation and Golder’s Global HSSE Management System
· Provide Operation and Group Leaders and employees with incident reports and information related to root cause and corrective actions from investigations
· Conduct inspections and audits of worksites including offices, warehouses, labs, and project sites at locations throughout the BC Operation as required by the HSSE Management System
You will have a background in:
· Post-secondary diploma or degree in HSSE or related science preferred
· Expert knowledge and competency in WorkSafeBC Regulation
· Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation (or other professional E/OHS designation) or working towards meeting eligibility requirements
· 5-10 years combined experience
· Experience in consulting engineering, construction, mining and/or oil and gas sectors is an asset
· Experience with recognized management systems (OSHAS 18000, ISO 14001, COR) and auditing certifications
· Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
· Good problem solver with the ability to identify alternative solutions
· Self-starter and highly motivated
· Available to travel throughout BC and the Yukon for extended periods in support of field programs, including those in remote locations
· Available for business travels and extended working hours when required
· Valid driver’s license
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *HSSE Advisor**
*Requisition ID: *18002509**