Golder Associates Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer (Mine Waste Management C3) in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mine Waste Management Team, based in Vancouver. You will have the opportunity to work as a part of a regional team on challenging mining, heavy civil, and geotechnical projects.
An overview of your role will include:
· Plan a wide variety of geotechnical and mine waste management projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation; design and construction; geotechnical analysis; and dam safety inspections and reviews
· Organize geotechnical investigations and laboratory testing
· Scope, direct, and review geotechnical analyses with a focus on soil mechanics, including stability, seepage, thermal modelling; deposition modeling; and run out analyses for mine waste or water embankment dams and waste rock spoils
· Manage small projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget under the supervision of senior engineers
· Support technical proposals and design work package in response to client needs, under the supervision of senior engineers
· Delegate work to junior engineers
· Participate in and promote a safety-first culture
You will have the following skills and attributes:
· 4 to 7 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
· Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia
· Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence
· Project management skills
· Have a sound knowledge in soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering
· Ability to think critically and problem solve
· Ability to effectively delegate work and lead small project teams
· Spanish language skills (verbal and written) would be an asset
· Commitment to safe work practices for yourself and your colleagues Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer (Mine Waste Management C3)**
*Requisition ID: *18001210**