Golder Associates Junior GIS Analyst in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Junior GIS Analyst to join our Environmental Planning & Permitting team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver.
An overview of your role will include:
· High quality production mapping for projects in all of Golder’s operating units
· Supporting BC GIS team in spatial analysis and data management, tool development, best-practice documentation, and quality assurance / quality control (QA/QC)
You will have a background in:
· Two years of experience working in a professional ESRI-based GIS environment
· Advanced diploma in GIS or a combination of demonstrated GIS experience and post-secondary education
· Strong cartographic skills including the ability to adhere to standards and communicate highly complex information in an accessible and attractive manner
· Demonstrated experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced deadline and deliverable oriented setting
· Strong MS Excel skills
· Demonstrated experience working with, organizing, analyzing and mapping field-collected data
· Strong verbal, written and graphical communication abilities
· Strong organization skills
· Proven ability to document and communicate work in a professional manner
The following proficiencies and experience would be considered assets:
· Working experience executing professional-level GIS in an environmental consulting organization
· Working experience in the discipline fields of archaeology, geotechnical engineering, mining and biological and environmental sciences
· Working experience in the creation and management of enterprise geospatial databases
· Working experience developing and implementing GIS solutions especially in the areas of productivity, QA/QC, mobile data capture, geospatial analysis, spatial ETL and workflow automation
· Functional experience with: ESRI Inc. ArcGIS Online and Collector, EarthSoft Inc. EQuIS, Safe Software FME and Autodesk Civil 3D
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Junior GIS Analyst**
*Requisition ID: *18000941**