Golder Associates Office Summer Students in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for three Office Summer Students to join our team in Vancouver.
An overview of your role will include:
· Archiving company records and library documents following company retention policies using MS Access, Excel, and internal programs. Entails unpacking, re-boxing files, and accurate data-entry
· Complete project closure procedures for all groups in Vancouver and South Burnaby locations
· Library shelving/re-filing and inquiry support for intermediate staff
· Support for internal groups relating to central project filing and archiving
· Office move and departure related tasks such as housekeeping and equipment organization
· Reception tasks such as operating a multi-line switchboard, greeting visitors, assisting with conference centre activities, mail, and courier preparation and routing
You will have a background in:
· Zero to two years of experience in a professional services environment
· Positive attitude and can take initiative
· Pleasant, courteous, and discrete manner
· Well-groomed, professional appearance
· Ability to learn processes quickly and be flexible in changing circumstances
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Detail-oriented with a sense of pride in quality work
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong team player
· Excellent customer service skills to support both internal and external clients
· Good problem solving skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Please upload your resume and cover letter as one document.
*Title: *Office Summer Students**
*Requisition ID: *18000945**