Golder Associates Project Coordinator (Construction) in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our Construction team on a contractual basis based in Vancouver . The position will include involvement with delivering technically challenging ground engineering, mining, water resource, and environmental remediation projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Providing project specific support, including scheduling and assisting with project controls
· Communicating with the project team to assist with the monitoring and control of budgets and schedules
· Providing timely updates on project controls, progress and forecasting trends to the Project Manager
· Collecting, inputting, managing and presenting project cost tracking data
· Creating and updating project budgets and schedules
· Flagging budget or schedule issues to the project manager
· Identifying the need for change orders
· Assisting with the preparation of change orders
· Conducting preliminary review of pre-bills and assisting with invoicing
· Implementing QA/QC procedures.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
· Degree or Diploma in civil, environmental, geotechnical or similar programs.
· Experience of record keeping, estimating, scheduling, cost control and contract management;
· Previous Construction work experience considered an asset.
· Highly motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision;
· Ability to learn processes quickly and prioritize client requirements;
· Enjoy working as part of a team and possess good communication skills and a friendly, pleasant manner;
· Flexible, can-do attitude;
· Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
· Previous experience working in a consulting business would be considered an asset.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Project Coordinator (Construction)**
*Requisition ID: *18001275**