Golder Associates Project Coordinator in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our Environmental Planning & Permitting team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver.
An overview of your role will include:
· Setting up and coordinating projects
· Coordinating project closing archiving of project documentation and coordination of lessons learned documentation, client feedback documentation, sub-consultant evaluations, project experience profiles
· Assisting with the development of the Work Breakdown Structure
· Coordinating logistical requirements for the project team such as travel and mobilization
· Assisting with development of the project schedule
· Developing and maintaining a task schedule
· Setting up and maintaining budgets and expenditures
· Interfacing with the accounting team to ensure compliance with the client invoicing requirements, preparation of invoices and assisting with facilitation of timely payment
· Maintaining project contracts and other documentation for sub-consultants, contractors and vendors
· Preparing Basic Work Orders (BWOs)
· Tracking equipment calibration certification
· Tracking requirements of the quality management processes or plans to ensure they are met
· Assisting with developing and tracking HSSE requirements and associated plans
· Coordinating project team communications, written and verbal, and documenting client meetings, interactions, and activities
· Compiling regular progress reports for the client, the project team, and other internal and external stakeholders
· Coordinating data management and information transfer, including setting up and maintaining filing systems, document logs and action item list
· Maintaining the document control system for development and presentation of client deliverables
· Coordination of deliverables including organizing word processing and technical writing
· Maintaining the project risk register
· Planning/scheduling project team travel requirements and logistics
You will have a background in:
· College diploma or University Degree in a related field
· Basic knowledge of project management principles
· At least 1 year of experience in related project support in a multi-disciplinary environment is preferred
· Experience with scheduling tools (e.g. Primavera or MS Project) is desirable
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
· Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with other professionals on project development
· Strong organizational and time management skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Project Coordinator**
*Other Locations: *CA-BC-VICTORIA, CA-BC-TERRACE, CA-BC-KELOWNA**
*Requisition ID: *19000292**