Golder Associates Senior Terrestrial Biologist in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Terrestrial Biologist to join our Environmental Planning & Permitting team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects, seeking new business opportunities and developing relationships with clients and regulators.
Our biologists manage a diverse array of projects, working with science-based teams and developing business opportunities with existing and new clients. For this role, we are seeking a Senior Terrestrial Biologist that can provide leadership in our core service areas and has a proven track record of delivering effective results.
An overview of your role will include:
· Providing leadership in health and safety.
· Developing and leading field programs (e.g., permitting, environmental management activities, vegetation and wildlife inventories and assessments) for various types of resource development projects including urban development, power, mines, infrastructure, and oil and gas.
· Managing current client relationships and developing new client relationships.
· Maintaining strong relationships with regulators, Indigenous groups, local governments and other stakeholders, where applicable.
· Overseeing quality control of field methods and data collection.
· Leading staff in preparing technical reports and proposals.
You will have a background in:
· Minimum BSc degree with at least 8 years of experience as a biologist
· Registration as R.P.Bio or eligible for immediate registration
· Project management experience including developing project scope of work, cost estimates, and client management
· A proven record of professional work, report writing and providing senior editorial and technical review
· Demonstrated strengths in developing relationships with clients, government agencies, and Indigenous groups
· Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal environmental regulatory permitting requirements, and experience liaising with applicable government agencies
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
· The ability to work in a dynamic environment with limited supervision
· Aptitude for mentoring and directing junior to intermediate staff
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
· Experience with field work in remote locations and/or travel between offices
· Valid Class 5 driver’s licence (note - Golder collects abstracts / Motor Vehicle Records for all new and current employees identified as Golder Drivers)
· Willingness to perform work in various weather conditions
· Based on client requirements, staff can be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
· Experience working with boats and motors, ATVs/Argos is an asset
· Good outdoor survival skills and experience working and navigating in remote areas in a safe manner is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
*Title: *Senior Terrestrial Biologist**
*Requisition ID: *19000772**