Golder Associates Water Resources Engineer (Mine Water Management) in VANCOUVER, British Columbia
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is currently seeking a Water Resources Engineer to join Golder’s global Mining Business in our Vancouver office. You will provide water management services related to mining and civil/geotechnical projects, and would be part of the North America Mine Water Division.
As a Water Resources Engineer you will conduct technical studies under the direction and supervision of senior staff, and will contribute to multi-disciplinary projects both locally as well as regionally and internationally. This role requires demonstrated experience in surface water management within the mining sector, including hydrologic analysis, water balance modelling, water management planning, conceptual infrastructure design, landform design and hydraulic structure analysis and design.
An overview of your role will include:
· Participating in a wide range of engineering and mining projects, from conceptual water management planning to detailed design of water infrastructure
· Conducting hydrologic assessments, site-wide and tailings impoundment water balances, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, and design of water diversions and control structures.
· Working independently and interacting with colleagues and senior specialists in other mining-related disciplines
· Writing proposals and reports, and managing opportunities
You will have a background in:
· Degree in Civil Engineering or similar, with experience in water resources management design and construction of water infrastructure and assessments related to hydrology and hydraulic structures
· Experience in consulting and the mining industry, including familiarity with mine sites and operations
· Professional engineering designation in the relevant jurisdiction(s)
· 7 years minimum experience in surface water management projects
· Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing and people skills
· High degree of motivation, strategic planning, and self-starting capability
· Committed to technical excellence and ability to write proposals and technical reports
Your benefits at Golder will include:
· Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
· Option to purchase shares in Golder
· Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
· Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
· Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
· On the job training, mentoring and coaching
· Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder at https://vimeo.com/252065645 video.
Title: Water Resources Engineer (Mine Water Management)
Requisition ID: 19001941